It’s Awards Season! Announcing our 2014 Mujeres de Paz Honorees.
We are delighted to announce ELAWC has selected our honorees for the Mujeres de Paz Annual Awards Dinner on March, 28 2014.
Every year we honor individuals and organizations who demonstrate an uncommon commitment to improving the lives of women and girls in our communities and to ending violence and HIV/AIDS. Their work enlarges the circle of peace and enriches lives.
This year we are pleased to recognize:
- Dr. Astrid H. Heger, Executive Director of Violence Intervention Program at LAC+USC Medical Center and Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at USC for her outstanding contributions, especially the field of child sexual abuse and sexual assault.
- AltaMed, Natalie Sánchez, Hilda Sandoval, and Thomas Siegmeth, creators and executive producers of the innovative web series Sin Verguenza
- Detective Dana Harris, Los Angeles Police Department, for his work successfully investigating and prosecuting dozens of human trafficking cases, especially those involving children.
- Michelle Pereira, ELAWC volunteer of the year.
- Blue Shield of California Foundation, Corporate Award
Please join us to honor their work and share a beautiful evening with wonderful food, music, and dancing at Luminaria’s Restaurant in Monterey Park. Most importantly, you’ll be part of an inspiring community making a real difference in the lives of women and families every day.
Become a sponsor
Buy an ad
All proceeds support our ongoing efforts to educate and empower women and their families.